Vista Taos Renewal Center is an equal opportunity employer, providing a friendly work environment, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including Health, Vision & Dental Plans and a 401k plan.
If you are interested in applying for a position with Vista Taos Renewal Center, please print out the Application for Employment and e-mail or fax the completed application, your resume and cover letter. Submissions should reference the position you are applying for in the subject line and must include salary requirements.
- Employment Application (PDF)
Submit completed application and resume to:
- E-mail: info@VistaTaos.com
- Fax: 575.613.1571
The Residential Therapist is accountable to the Clinical Director for providing treatment and casework services to the clients of the program(s) to which he/she is assigned. He/she is to provide leadership and supervision of treatment planning, to lead group, individual and family therapy sessions, and to work with other treatment personnel in establishing a therapeutic environment within the program. Travel as necessary.
- Licensed in Addictions and /or Mental Health in New Mexico as a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor (LADAC) or Licensed Substance Abuse Associate (LSAA).
- Master’s Degree or other proven accredited training in Addictions, Co-Dependency and / or Family Dynamics by a national (i.e. NAADAC) or New Mexico CEU provider.
- Proficient in basic PC skills. Including Microsoft Word, Outlook email system, EMR systems and ability to learn the time keeping Signetwork.
- Command of therapeutic interventions such as Experiential Therapy, Group Therapy, Holistic Practices (Yoga, Acupuncture, Rosen Method, Equine Therapy, Massage Therapy, Psychodrama), 12-Step Recovery and ancillary services typical for residential programs.
- Working knowledge of medical practices to be able to discuss patient issues with the Medical Director and RNs.
- Ability to write professionally, including documenting clinical notes and assessments, professional articles for print and /or publication and Policy and Procedures related to clinical care.
- Proven skill, experience and training in verbal de-escalation techniques.
- Ability to handle employee confidentiality.
- Interpersonal skills that promote interdisciplinary collaboration and effective communication.
- Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices.
- Demonstrate excellent observation and communication skills.
- Initiative to take charge of unforeseen situations, solve problems and adjust to schedule changes.
- Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers.
- Satisfactory criminal background check.