What to Bring
Based on our decades of experience, we’ve created a list of what to bring (and what not to bring) for your stay at Vista Taos Renewal Center. If you have questions about our packing list, please reach out to our admissions team for clarification.
To Bring or Not To Bring?
There are some guidelines that we ask clients to follow when packing to come to Vista Taos. These guidelines have been established based on our experience working with clients over the last two decades. Please read the following carefully to make your packing and admissions process simpler.
- Bring casual clothing, enough for seven days. Laundry facilities are available and supplies are provided.
- It is recommended that you bring comfortable clothing such as jeans, casual pants, sweat shirts/pants, appropriate length shorts, skirts or casual dresses.
- In the winter months, we suggest that you dress in layers, for example a warm outer layer, a sweater or middle layers and then a comfortable shirt rather than one big, heavy sweater. You may also wish to pack gloves and a heavier coat to accommodate the winter weather.
- Inappropriate clothing referencing alcohol, drugs, sex, violence, etc., or other clothing deemed unsuitable by staff will not be permitted.
- Flat-soled, comfortable shoes or sneakers are recommended. You may choose to bring a pair of boots for recreational activities as well as sunglasses.
- One piece bathing suits for women and swim trunks for men are required for swimming at the spa.
Other items to pack:
- 4-6 week supply of personal items including: shampoo, toothpaste, razors
- Prescription medications that you are taking in the originally labeled container(s).
- Medical Insurance Card
- Driver’s License or other government issued ID card
What not to bring:
- Over the counter medications, including herbal remedies and vitamins
- Tank tops, short shorts, muscle shirts, or other inappropriate clothing items
- CD Players, iPods/MP3 players, tape recorders or other electronic equipment including laptops and cameras
- Stuffed animals
- Candy and snacks
- Cigars, rolling tobacco, e-cigs, or pipes
- Illegal substances, obviously
If you would like to bring money for additional toiletries, postage, etc, please refrain from bringing cash. Instead bring a credit card or prepaid debit card up to $200 in value. You should also have the financial means available for additional services should they be needed or requested such as dental or medical clinic visits that require payment at time of appointment. Your credit/debits cards and other valuables will be kept in the safe during your stay.
Please call should you have any questions.