Vista Taos is committed to providing all of our patients with a safe, structured environment in which to begin a new life of addiction recovery. Our practices are guided by our code of ethics.
- Our approach to treatment is informed by evidence-based practices and proven research. We continually strive to provide the highest quality, most clinically sophisticated care.
- Patient privacy and confidentiality is of utmost importance to us. We adhere to a strict set of internal policies which honor federal and state privacy regulations. These rules protect the confidentiality of patient clinical information and identity.
- Everything at Vista Taos is done with your informed consent, which we define as a full understanding of the purpose of the signed release and your rights. Please read all release forms completely before signing. Our staff are happy to answer any questions you have regarding the release of clinical or medical information, which as a rule is protected and cannot be disclosed to any individual or agency without your written consent.
- All Vista Taos marketing is honest and transparent. We do not engage in deceptive, misleading practices in our online promotion or public relations messaging. We will not participate in fraudulent “funnel” websites and treatment directories.
- We treat all individuals with complete objectivity. Our team respects diversity and provides care to all, regardless of gender, age, background, race, religious beliefs, marital status, diagnosis, disability, or sexual orientation.
- Our facilities are clean and well-maintained, ensuring a comfortable, safe experience for all of our patients.
- We accept patients who we believe will benefit from the services of Vista Taos; we do not accept patients who are clinically inappropriate for our care.
- Anonymity is a cornerstone of 12-Step recovery programs. We will not willingly violate your confidentiality unless there is a concern that you may pose a threat to your life or that of another person. In these instances, we are obligated by law to notify authorities.
- Vista Taos is fully compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and 42 CFR (Code of Federal Regulations) Part 2. We also adhere to regulations from the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
- Each patient receives a copy of our Notice of Privacy Policies within their handbook after admission. This book outlines patient expectations and protections for your reference.
Ethical Care You Can Trust
At Vista Taos, we believe it is our mission to guide others to a new life in recovery. Our services prioritize your safety and healing at all times. To learn more about our ethical commitment, please contact us today.