Did you know that New Mexico’s rate of death due to alcohol-related chronic diseases is more than twice the national rate? And, according to the latest figures from the National Institutes on Drug Abuse, New Mexico has a rate of 17.5 opioid-related deaths per 100,000 persons, compared to the national rate of 13.3 deaths per 100,000. Rio Arriba County has the highest total drug overdose death rate.
Our number-one priority is to help those who live in New Mexico as well as other locations through the U.S. who are struggling with an alcohol use disorder, opioid addiction or other substance use disorder. At Vista Taos, we know that the cost of rehab is expensive – but we also know that the price of not getting help is much steeper.
This is why we teamed up with Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) to give clients access to affordable addiction treatment in New Mexico. We are proud to be a rehab in network with BCBS. Having the right insurance coverage can help reduce the stress of seeking treatment as you or someone you love begins the road to recovery.
About Blue Cross Blue Shield
BCBS is a global healthcare provider that offers insurance coverage to more than 100 million members in every state in the United States. As one of the most comprehensive insurance companies in America, BCBS operates 36 independent companies that are community based. More than 95 percent of doctors, specialists and hospitals contract with BCBS companies in order to offer patients a wide range of policies and insurance coverage.
Plans are offered at four “metal” levels: bronze, silver, gold and platinum. Insurance coverage varies from policy to policy and state to state. In general, the higher the “metal” level, the lower the deductible amounts and higher the monthly premiums to continue coverage.
How BCBS Can Help You
Your first step in determining your insurance needs is to call Vista Taos for a free over-the-phone admission assessment. This will allow us to evaluate your needs and determine the best course of addiction treatment. For instance, we may recommend such services as:
- Medically supervised detox
- 12-step curriculum and meetings
- Individual and group therapy
- Holistic and integrated treatments
- Trauma informed care
- Grief and loss therapy
- Relapse prevention education
- Extended care
Contact Vista Taos to Verify Coverage with BCBS
Once we determine what type of treatment you need, we can help you and your family determine what services are covered, to what extent, and how to pay for these services. We can also help you to better understand the following insurance terms:
- Copays: A copay is a fixed amount you pay for a healthcare service, usually when you receive the service. The amount varies by type of service.
- Deductibles: A deductible is the amount you pay for healthcare services before your health insurance begins to pay.
- Coinsurance rates: Coinsurance is your share of the costs of a healthcare service. You start paying coinsurance after you’ve paid your plan’s deductible.
- Out-of-pocket annual maximums: This is the max you’ll have to pay for healthcare services – including co-pays, deductibles and coinsurance – during a policy period, which is usually a year.
The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can work together to help you or someone you love to begin on the journey toward healing and lifelong recovery. If you don’t have BCBS, we’re also in network and work with other providers, including Presbyterian and New Mexico Health Connections. Don’t wait; call us today for verification: 575-586-3104.