About Addiction + Resources
Whether you’re worried about a loved one’s substance use or have developed concerns about yourself, you doubtless have many questions about addiction. We’ve compiled some informative resources below for your reference. If you have any questions, we’re happy to help.
Addiction, left untreated, creates many issues that affect the well-being of others beyond the health and welfare of the addict, including:
- More than 6 million children under the age of 18 live in households with at least one alcoholic parent
- Alcohol was documented as a factor in all of the following:
- One-quarter of all emergency room admissions
- One-third of all suicides
- More than half of all homicides and incidents of domestic violence
- Substance abuse costs billions per year in lost productivity, health care expenditures, crime, and motor vehicle crashes.
- Untreated addiction creates a domino effect that is more expensive than heart disease, diabetes, and cancer combined
- More deaths and disabilities occur from substance abuse than any other cause.
Why Addiction Treatment?
Addiction treatment is critical to your well-being, your families’ future, and the overall safety of your community. The numbers tell the story. More importantly, your ability to regain control of your life is paramount.
At Vista Taos, we understand your fears, hesitations, and reservations. We also understand how to treat you as a whole person, helping you build strength to grab your new life. Our addiction recovery programs focus in the following areas:
One of our primary objective is to give you a solid a foundation to launch a new chapter of your life. This foundation includes working through issues in a multi-faceted approach, including family therapy, spiritual support, and wellness.
Our addiction treatment programs are built around solid principals that include confronting self-destructive patterns, breaking painful cycles, supporting healing through family therapy, and extended care for stable integration.
We want you to experience exceptional care and support while undergoing addiction recovery. Vista Taos is well known for providing specialized, addictions treatment. Our center is an open facility, offering you the freedom to explore the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of your life. We believe in providing a supportive environment that allows you to tap into a greater level of self and spirituality.